It’s hard to know what bathroom items are worth the hype and which are just talk. This blog will serve as your guide to know what to toss, keep, and buy to improve your bathroom in 2022:
What To Toss.
- Your Loofah. A loofah’s life span is only about three to four weeks, which doesn’t make it a sustainable or efficient option. Loofahs are also a hot spot for bacteria growth because it is hard for loofahs to dry thoroughly. When they sit wet in your shower or bath, they can grow bacteria in all their little corners. Instead, opt for a washcloth; they are easier to clean and reuse. They are a better option for your body and the environment.
- Cleaners with Harsh Chemicals. A surefire way to improve your bathroom’s air quality is to stop using store-bought chemical cleaning products. These harsh chemicals are not good for your health; the toxins can get stuck in the air if you don’t have proper ventilation in your bathroom. A great solution is to create your own natural cleaners. These are easy to make, better for your health, and help save you money.
What To Keep.
Now, we understand you may not have all of the following items, and if that’s the case, they should be added to your “what to buy list.” These items will, without a doubt, elevate your bathroom:
- Drain Guards. The best way to prevent a clogged drain is to contain materials that could get stuck in your pipe from entering. One of the best ways to do this is to keep drain guards in your shower, bath, and sink. They can catch anything from hair, hard soap, chunks of bath bombs, and more. They are easy to install and clean out after each use. All you need is to empty them into your trashcan and place them back over your drain. They are a sustainable solution to keeping your pipes clear.
- Your Fan. One of the best ways to keep your bathroom clean, dry, and free of mold is to take care of your fan. It’s essential to have your fan running when you take a shower or clean your bathroom. Having your fan run helps dry the room, control the humidity, and help smells cycle through. Taking time to ensure your fan is clean and running properly can make all the difference in keeping your bathroom free of mildew and must.
What To Buy.
- Flange Plunger. Did you know that there are multiple types of plungers? If you’re like most people, you own a standard cup plunger that you use for everything. While a cup plunger’s bell shape is great for sink, shower, and bathtub clogs, it’s not ideal for a clogged toilet. A flange plunger has an extra cup inside of a larger, bell-shaped one. This cup arrangement allows the plunger to form a better seal over a toilet’s irregular drain opening and create better suction for removing a clog.
- Antimicrobial Towels. A great way to improve your bathroom experience is to invest in towels that fight smelly bacteria growth. Some examples include towels made with bamboo, linen, or Silvon. These materials not only promote healthier air inside your bathroom but can also decrease the number of acne-triggering bacteria that transfer to your skin.