Expert Leak Detection Services in Columbus
We’re Franklin & Knox County’s Favorite Plumbers!
When you need expert leak detection service in the Columbus, Ohio area, contact the licensed professionals at The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains. Most homeowners think of a plumbing leak as a dripping faucet or a pool of water collected underneath a loose pipe. But the most problematic leaks are hidden and often go unnoticed for days—even weeks. A hidden leak can cause devastating damage to your home, causing mold, wood rot, and other structural problems. If you suspect there might be a leak in your home’s plumbing, contact our team of licensed plumbers for quick, efficient leak detection.
Advanced Leak Detection
Why is leak detection so difficult? Water can travel and may be first sighted in an area that is removed from the spot of the actual leak. Our plumbing technicians are trained in the latest advances of leak detection technology. Using high-tech camera equipment, we’ll pinpoint the source of the leak quickly, and get your plumbing fixed and back in service as soon as possible.
Common Signs of Plumbing Leaks
You might be asking, “But if my leak is hidden, how do I even know that one exists?” Good question! Our professionals have put together a list of the most common signs. If you notice any of the issues below, it could be due to a hidden leak in your Columbus home. Call The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains today and we’ll send out our expert plumbers to assess the problem.
The most common signs of plumbing leaks include:
- Water pooling: Where is that water coming from? If water is collecting and pooling where it shouldn’t be, especially near a wall where pipes are located, then a plumbing leak is the likely culprit.
- Spike in utility bill: Where are those extra costs coming from? If you are having trouble identifying the reason for an increase in your water bill, it could be a hidden leak. With water running non-stop, it’s easy for the costs to rise.
- Sudden mold or mildew: Why is there mold or mildew on the ceiling/wall? The presence of mold and mildew can be an indication of a slow plumbing leak. While mold on the ceiling could also indicate a roof leak, calling out a plumbing technician to assess where the leak originated will help in forming a repair plan.
- Warped hardwood or damp carpet: Why does the flooring look like that? Water underneath hardwood will begin to warm the wood flooring due to moisture. With carpet, it will get noticeably damp from the effects of a plumbing leak.
- Musty smell: What is that musty smell? Water that sits over a period of time will take on a musty smell. If there is a specific place in your home that suddenly smells of mildew, it could be an indication of accumulated water from a slow leak.
Work with the Professionals
Plumbing leak detection services should be performed by professionals with specialized equipment and training. The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains team can detect leaks and make the necessary repairs in the same visit. We can also help with preventative leak measures including snaking, jetting services, and other drain cleaning methods.
We Care About This Community