Columbus Sump Pump Installation
Reliable Sump Pump Repair in Ohio
What is a sump pump? The purpose of sump pumps is to prevent any flooding and leaking issues. Essentially, a sump pump redistributes ground and rainwater to prevent it from entering your home’s basement, crawl space, or any location that exists below the groundwater line.
When a sump pump is installed, it is connected directly into your home’s electrical system. This means that should the power go out, your sump pump will power off unless it is equipped with a backup battery. If you are concerned about flooding in your home, you can count on the Columbus sump pump installation experts at The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains.
Flooded basement? Call (614) 412-3324 now for sump pump repair in Columbus!
Signs You Need to Schedule Sump Pump Repair
If it’s the middle of a heavy storm, the last thing you want is for your sump pump to malfunction. However, at The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains, our Columbus sump pump repair experts offer same-day service to help offset any potential inconvenience.
Common signs you might need your sump pump repaired include:
- A foul smell coming from your home’s basement
- Unusual sounds coming from your machine
- An observable accumulation of dust, dirt, and/or debris
Types of Sump Pumps We Repair
We provide repairs & maintenance for all types of sump pumps, including:
- Submersible sump pumps: This type of pump is installed underneath the basement floor. Since it is one of the easiest types of pumps to use and it is quieter than most pumps, it is often the preferred sump pump.
- Pedestal sump pumps: These sump pumps are ideal for homes with more narrow pits. It is one of the most affordable types of pumps.
- Battery-operated sump pumps: These sump pumps are typically used as a backup sump pump to help during power outages due to storms. These pumps help your basement to stay dry.
Why You Should Regularly Inspect Your Sump Pump
We recommend that you regularly test your sump pump because if your sump pump fails to work, it can lead to mold, mildew, and extensive water damage in your home. In addition to the property damages, the presence of mold and mildew is also dangerous for your health.
You can perform a self-check of your sump pump’s functionality by dumping a large bucket of water in it. If your sump pump powers on and removes the water, it is in proper working order.
What Does Our Sump Pump Maintenance Include?
When our Columbus sump pump inspection team performs maintenance on your sump pump, we will:
- Thoroughly clean any dirt, gravel or debris from it
- Ensure that your discharge line is free of any obstruction
- Inspect your power cord to make sure there’s no sign of fraying
How Do You Know When It's Time for a Sump Pump Replacement?
If you notice your basement suddenly flooding, chances are your sump pump is no longer working and needs to be replaced. At The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains, our Columbus sump pump installation experts offer a variety of replacement options for you, including sump pumps equipped with their own backup battery systems.
Available When You Need Us
We Care About This Community
Family Owned & Operated