Columbus, Ohio Sump Pump Repair & Installation
Reliable Sump Pump Repair and Installation Services in Ohio
What is a sump pump? The purpose of sump pumps is to prevent any flooding and leaking issues. Essentially, a sump pump redistributes ground and rainwater to prevent it from entering your home’s basement, crawl space, or any location that exists below the groundwater line.
When a sump pump is installed, it is connected directly to your home’s electrical system. This means that should the power go out, your sump pump will power off unless it is equipped with a backup battery. If you are concerned about flooding in your home, you can count on the Columbus sump pump installation experts at The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains.
Signs You Need to Schedule Sump Pump Repair in Columbus
If it’s the middle of a heavy storm, the last thing you want is for your sump pump to malfunction. However, at The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains, our Columbus sump pump repair experts offer same-day service to help offset any potential inconvenience.
Common signs you might need your sump pump repaired include:
- A foul smell coming from your home’s basement
- Unusual sounds coming from your machine
- An observable accumulation of dust, dirt, and/or debris
Types of Sump Pumps We Repair
We provide repairs & maintenance for all types of sump pumps, including:
Submersible sump pumps
- This type of pump is installed underneath the basement floor.
- Since it is one of the easiest types of pumps to use and it is quieter than most pumps, it is often the preferred sump pump.
Pedestal sump pumps
- These sump pumps are ideal for homes with more narrow pits.
- It is one of the most affordable types of pumps.
Battery-operated sump pumps
- These sump pumps are typically used as a backup sump pump to help during power outages due to storms.
- These pumps help your basement to stay dry.
Why Should I Regularly Check My Sump Pump?
We recommend that you regularly test your sump pump because if your sump pump fails to work, it can lead to:
- Extensive water damage in your home
- Property damage
In addition to the property damage, the presence of mold and mildew is also dangerous for your health.
How Can I Check My Sump Pump?
You can perform a self-check of your sump pump’s functionality by dumping a large bucket of water in it. If your sump pump powers on and removes the water, it is in proper working order.
What Does Our Sump Pump Maintenance Include?
When our Columbus sump pump inspection team performs maintenance on your sump pump, we will:
- Thoroughly clean any dirt, gravel, or debris from it.
- Ensure that your discharge line is free of any obstruction.
- Inspect your power cord to make sure there is no sign of fraying.
How Do You Know When It's Time for a Sump Pump Replacement?
If you notice your basement suddenly flooding, chances are your sump pump is no longer working and needs to be replaced. At The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains, our Columbus sump pump installation experts offer a variety of replacement options for you, including sump pumps equipped with their own backup battery systems.
Why You Should Invest in a Backup Sump Pump
When it comes to protecting your home from potential water damage, a backup sump pump is a wise investment. While your primary sump pump is designed to keep your basement dry during normal conditions, it can fail during power outages or in the event of a mechanical malfunction. This is where a backup sump pump comes in.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider investing in a backup sump pump:
- Added Protection: A backup sump pump provides an extra layer of protection for your basement, ensuring that water is still being pumped out even if the primary pump fails.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that you have a backup system in place can give you peace of mind, especially during heavy rainstorms or when you're away from home for an extended period.
- Prevent Costly Water Damage: Water damage can be expensive to repair, and it can lead to mold growth and other issues. By investing in a backup sump pump, you can prevent costly damage to your home.
- Increased Home Value: A backup sump pump is a valuable addition to your home, which can increase its resale value. Potential buyers will appreciate the added protection and peace of mind that comes with a backup system.
At The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains, LLC, we offer reliable backup sump pump installation services in Columbus, OH and the surrounding areas. Our experienced plumbers can assess your needs and recommend the best backup sump pump solution for your home.
We Care About This Community