Columbus Toilet Repair & Installation Services
We’re Your Plumbing Fixture Professionals!
Because they’re so vital for our everyday use, it’s easy to take toilets for granted. However, when one clogs or needs repairs, it can create quite a disturbance in your home. At The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains, our highly skilled Columbus plumbers perform a range of toilet repair, installation, and replacement services. For your convenience, we offer same-day services and a variety of financing options.
For more information, contact us by calling (614) 412-3324.
Repairing Clogged Toilets
One of the most common bathroom plumbing problems to occur is a clogged toilet. In fact, many of us keep a plunger near our toilet in case it ever should clog. While a plunger can easily fix most clogs, sometimes toilets become completely overwhelmed with toilet paper or non-flushable items. When this happens, we recommend that you call in one of our professional plumbers to help you unclog your toilet.
To avoid a clogged toilet, we recommend that you:
- Avoid flushing large amounts of toilet paper at one time
- Never flush anything other than toilet paper and human waste
Repairing Running Toilets
Whenever you flush your toilet, you’ll notice that water runs to refill the bowl. However, in a properly working toilet, the water should stop running once the bowl is filled to its appropriate capacity. If your toilet continues to run, chances are you have an internal leak and water is being dumped down the overflow. These leaks are extremely wasteful, as more than a hundred gallons of water end up traveling through the overflow.
Most instances of running toilets are the result of:
- Your overflow pipe corroding
- Your flush valve assembly wearing out
- Your flapper valve breaking
If you find yourself constantly jiggling the flush lever to try to stop your toilet from running, it’s time to call in one of our licensed Columbus plumbers to assist you in finding the leak or broken component and repairing it.
Repairing Leaking Toilets
If you suspect your toilet has a leak, the good news is that it doesn’t necessarily require a repair of your entire unit. A toilet’s tank is composed of multiple small moving parts, such as flapper valves and fill valves, that need to be replaced or repaired due to their frequent use. When these parts wear out, they result in tiny leaks that are hard to see with the naked eye. This is why it is important to call a plumber as soon as you suspect you have a leak or a broken tank part. Not only does a leaking toilet waste water, it can also lead to flooding and water damage.
Toilets can also form leaks around the base, around the toilet gaskets, or within the wax ring below the base of the toilet.
Our toilets are an essential part of our everyday routines. However, sometimes they become too old and run less efficiently than they should.
Common signs you should replace your toilet include:
- It’s getting so old that you are constantly replacing parts. Each new part adds up and you could end up spending more on replacement parts than you would on an entirely new unit.
- It has a hairline fracture in the porcelain due to something falling or colliding with your toilet. These fractures are dangerous because they can expand over time and result in major leaks.
- It’s so old that it is no longer able to push water through the toilet to fully clear the drain. This results in your toilet having a consistent clogging problem.
- It’s become nearly impossible to clean any stains that appear on the porcelain glaze.
- It’s caused a steady increase in your water bill due to an undetected leak or faulty part
To schedule an appointment for toilet repair, installation, or replacement, call us at (614) 412-3324 or contact us online. We proudly provide service to residents in Columbus, Franklin, and Knox County.
WE'RE PROVIDING THE SERVICE YOUR HOME DESERVESLearn Why We're The Right Choice
We Care About This Community