Water Filtration Services in Columbus
Don’t Get Stuck Drinking Dirty Water
If you’re looking to make sure that your home has clean water for drinking, showering, and washing your clothes, hands, and dishes, it’s important to install a water filtration system. At The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains, our team of certified Water Treatment Specialists will examine your home, assess your family’s needs, and suggest the most appropriate water filtration system. If your water filter unit breaks down, our plumbers will find the problem and repair it for you.
If you’re interested in water filtration services in Columbus, Franklin, or Knox County, call The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains at (614) 412-3324 or contact us online.
Water Filter Installation
It’s important to care about the water you are drinking and using to wash both yourself and your possessions. In order to ensure that you have clean water, you need to install a water filtration system.
There are two main types of water filtration systems:
- The point-of-use water filtration system is installed directly on the fixture you use to get drinking water to provide you with fresh, clean water
- The point-of-entry water filtration system is installed in the basement of your home and filters all the water coming into your home.
There are also two main types of filters: sediment and reverse osmosis. Sediment filters simply remove any unwanted particles, such as sand and dirt, from your water. They are typically made from woven fabric, foam, or porous blocks. Reverse osmosis filters, on the other hand, utilize a membrane to filter miniscule particles. High pressure on one side of the membrane forces the water to pass through it. Reverse osmosis filters require less maintenance because the unwanted particles are simply carried away through a drain tube instead of collecting in a disposable filter.
Benefits of Water Filtration
Because our water travels through pipes and sewer systems, it can easily become contaminated as a direct result of environmental pollution. Because a water filtration system’s purpose is to literally filter out any harmful substances in the water, there are many benefits that affect your health.
These benefits include:
- You no longer ingest naturally occurring minerals, man-made chemicals, and byproducts that end up in the water due to acid rain, stormwater runoff, industrial waste, and pesticide usage
- You are no longer at risk for allergies or asthma because the water filtration system reduces the chances of mold or mildew growth, thus making your home have cleaner air
- Your water will taste better
- Your laundry will be cleaner because the filter affects the softness and cleanliness
- Your skin won’t be as itchy because of the cleaner water
- Your plumbing fixtures and appliances will have a longer lifespan because what’s in your water directly affects the efficiency of your plumbing
Water Filter Repairs
Luckily, it’s quite easy to tell when your water filter breaks down. Usually, you will suddenly get a glass of water that looks dirty and is filled with unhealthy minerals. Due to their frequent use, water filters tend to wear out and need to be repaired. Malfunctioning parts also result in your water filtration system needing repairs. When you call The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains, one of our licensed Columbus plumbers will examine your system and perform any necessary repairs.
For more information, call (614) 412-3324 or send us a message through our online form.
WE'RE PROVIDING THE SERVICE YOUR HOME DESERVESLearn Why We're The Right Choice
We Care About This Community