Water Heater Repair In Columbus, OH
Same-Day Hot Water Heater Replacement & Installation
If you’re looking to install a brand-new water heater or if you just need routine maintenance on your unit, The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains is a local, trusted resource for water heater installation and repair in Columbus. We are a business of professional and experienced plumbers. Our company values both integrity and quality work.
We provide the following water heater services:
- Water Heater Installation
- Water Heater Repair
- Water Heater Replacement
- Water Heater Maintenance
- Tankless Water Heater Installation
How to Tell If Your Water Heater Needs Repair
More often than not, when there is something wrong with your water heater you will know it with certainty. Either there will be a complete lack of water coming out of your faucets or there will be a hefty leak in the storage tank causing water to quickly spill out. Sometimes though, there are subtle indications that hint that something is amiss.
Be on the lookout for the following signs you need water heater repair:
- A sudden spike in your water bill
- Loud banging noises when the water heater is running
- Cloudy or rust-colored water coming out of your faucets
- Lack of hot water
- Noticeable leak in the storage tank
If you notice any of the above, be sure to call our Columbus water heater repair experts at The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains right away. Our team will inspect your water heater and perform a diagnostic.
Water Heater Replacement in Columbus, OH
We will always try to repair your water heater rather than replace it, but sometimes replacement ends up being the more economical option.
You should consider replacing your water heater if:
- Your unit is more than 10-15 years old
- The cost of repair is more than 50% of the cost of replacement
- You have had to schedule more than one repair
Depending on the extent of the damage to your water heater, our team can help guide you to select the best option for your particular needs.
What Temperature Should You Set Your Water Heater To?
A storage, or tank, heater is among the most popular type of systems for residential customers. These units always keep water at the desired temperature. A thermostat within the unit senses the temperature of the water inside the tank and turns either the electric or gas furnace on to maintain the internal temperature. The temperature within these units is adjustable to suit any needs of the customer; however, our expert plumbers recommend setting the temperature to 120о Fahrenheit rather than 140о Fahrenheit to reduce energy consumption and the risk of scalding.
How Often Should You Flush Your Water Heater?
To ensure that your water heater continues to function properly, we recommend flushing your tank at least once a year. Additionally, our Columbus water heater experts suggest that you replace any standard plastic drain valves with brass ball valves.
The benefits of a brass ball valve are:
- It makes your flushing system sturdier due to a larger opening
- It helps ensure a more thorough flushing
What Are The Benefits Of Water Heater Repair Services?
Water heater repair and replacement are essential services that can help improve the efficiency and longevity of your water heating system. From improving water temperature control to reducing energy bills, there are many benefits to water heater repair services – some of which we’ll explore in more detail here.
- First off, water heater repair can help reduce energy use, making your water heating system more efficient while also cutting down on monthly energy costs.
- Secondly, water heater repair can extend the life of your water heating system so it lasts longer and doesn’t need replacing as often.
- Thirdly, water heater repairs make sure all parts are working optimally and no defects or faults compromise safety.
- Fourthly, with water heater repairs you don’t have to worry about improper installation or low-quality parts resulting in decreased performance either – these issues can be easily fixed with an experienced plumbing professional.
- Finally, water heater repair also helps prevent further damages from occurring such as corrosion and rusting thus ensuring consistently great performance for years to come.
Contact our water heater repair and replacement pros in Columbus, OH today to schedule a water heater inspection, or to learn more about what we can do to help you and your family.
Trusted Water Heater Services In Columbus, OH
Whether you’re looking to install a new tankless unit, or you just want to repair or receive routine maintenance on a standard unit, our team of skilled plumbers at The Rooter Works Plumbing and Drains can handle it all. We’re proud to offer residents in Columbus and the surrounding areas affordable pricing and a variety of financing offers.
We Care About This Community